macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

Re: DW 8 Tutorial - Developing a Web Application - ERROR

Subject: Re: DW 8 Tutorial - Developing a Web Application - ERROR
From: "Ken Ford"
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 10:20:25 -0500
Newsgroups: macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

It is a permissions problem with the database:

--
Ken Ford
Adobe Community Expert - Dreamweaver/ColdFusion

"squatier" <webforumsuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi, I am new at this and using the Dreamweaver 8 Tutorial, Developing a Web Application. Everything went fine until the very end, when I tried to submit data to the document. I got the following error message. I have searched online for a solution and haven't been able to find it. I am new at this (obviously) and would appreciate any help you could give me. Here is the error message:

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query.
/MySampleApps/send.asp, line 115

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Page:
POST 59 bytes to /MySampleApps/send.asp

POST Data:
FIRST_NAME=s&LAST_NAME=s&EMAIL=s&COMMENTS=s&MM_insert=form1
Time:
Friday, August 01, 2008, 10:53:58 AM