macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

Recordsets getting altered

Subject: Recordsets getting altered
From: "matthew stuart"
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:53:55 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

Any page that I open in CS3 that was a pre CS3 page that requires a recordset
amend is having the recordset completely rewritten in a different structure.

 Most of the time I have to make an amend to a recordset has meant that the
page that was originally working, no longer works once amended. I am forever
having to either rebuild pages, or hand code the amends for the most mediocre
of page updates. For example, I have a hidden field with a value of Now() that
is obviously creating a timestamp. Even though that wasn't dynamic, and it
wasn't the item that need updating, it caused me all sorts of problems when CS3
had restructured the code of the recordset.

 In the end I reverted the page and simply hand coded the change to the form
and recordset.

 Is this a bug of CS3? Why does this restructuring of code occur? What was
wrong with the way the code was presented prior to CS3?

 Mat