macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

Re: Drop-down menu influenced by another menu

Subject: Re: Drop-down menu influenced by another menu
From: David Powers
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 17:14:23 +0000
Newsgroups: macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

Gabe the Animator wrote:
I don't know what "the value of the url column, in the currently selected row, of the dsStates data set, as the URL arg to the constructor for the dsCities data set" means. I've got an XML dataset linked to a Spry repeat region dropdown list working well for the states menu, but I don't know where to go from there.

I haven't studied it in detail myself, but the example on that page uses static XML files for the names of the cities in each state. If you download the Spry zip file from http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/spry/, you'll find the XML files in data/states. The URL argument is pointing to those static files.

Since the names of the cities are unlikely to change very often, if at all, it's probably more efficient to use static files, rather than query a database each time.

--
David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)