macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

Re: How do you like to handle photos

Subject: Re: How do you like to handle photos
From: "Hunter Elliott"
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 08:28:58 -0600
Newsgroups: macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

"jsteinmann" <webforumsuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:fkfkbb$1ju$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> What you're preferred way of handeling photos uploaded to the server?
> Although
> you upload an image to the database itself,

No, you never want to upload an image to a database - that would just cause
a lot of bloat to the db.

>I've always added the URL to where
> it can be found, and upload the image to a folder.

Yes, that is a much preferred way. I only store info in a db about the
image(s) or other file(s). I have one field that stores the path to the file
and another field that stores the filename. That way if I have to move the
file to another location, it's just a quick process to change the info in
the path field.