macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

Re: Maaaarrrrvelous!

Subject: Re: Maaaarrrrvelous!
From: "Joris van Lier"
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:35:12 +0100
Newsgroups: macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

"matthew stuart" <webforumsuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:fg4e61$ned$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It's PD html editor that I have used - an extention from the dreamweaver
exchange. The save button has this javascript:

onclick="OnFormSubmit()";

The save button sends the contents of the editor pane to the hidden text
field. This then only gets submitted with the rest of the other fields when the submit form button is clicked. So there are two clicks that need to be made; a save click and a submit form click. The trouble is if the user doesn't click save first, then the hidden text field doesn't have content to submit to the db, thus undoing all of their hard work in the editor pane. So, I would like some method of being able to prevent users from loosing their editor content.

I did try to use the onclick="OnFormSubmit()"; to send the whole form, but
nothing happened!

Here's a url:
http//:www.ipra.org/gwa_entryform3.asp

It's a bit messy at the mo' but you get the idea.

Cheers

Mat

It's been a while since I used PD Editor, if memory serves me right you had to put "copyValue()" in the form's onSubmit attribute to automatically copy the PD-editor's content to a hidden text-field when the form is submitted.

Joris