macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

Re: Mysql connection

Subject: Re: Mysql connection
From: "Triel6074P"
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 05:21:54 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

I found this just a bit to late. I was having issues connecting to my db via DW
and found this site to be very, very helpful.

http://www.nebulex.com/index.php/tutorials/dreamweaver/mysqlphp/11?000fbdfa4e53d
787c7a3170fcbb31332=8e881893e477d79b96508ec12c9df190

 Turned out that when I created the connection I was only pointing to that
directory and not the root. I learned on this site that in the "URL Prefix" I
needed to have only have the root.

 example:

 I had the connection pointing to http://example.com/directory/

 I learned this can cause some confussion with db connection. The website above
describes this very well and I then changed my "URL Prefix" to
http://example.com and the connection was fixed.

 I seen how you stated it Dave and just wanted to add this for others that may
be still having connection issues.