I found this just a bit to late. I was having issues connecting to my db via DW
and found this site to be very, very helpful.
Turned out that when I created the connection I was only pointing to that
directory and not the root. I learned on this site that in the "URL Prefix" I
needed to have only have the root.
I had the connection pointing to http://example.com/directory/
I learned this can cause some confussion with db connection. The website above
describes this very well and I then changed my "URL Prefix" to
http://example.com and the connection was fixed.
I seen how you stated it Dave and just wanted to add this for others that may
be still having connection issues.