Re: CF8, Mysql db connection

Subject: Re: CF8, Mysql db connection
From: David Powers
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:35:26 +0100
Newsgroups: macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

neuby79 wrote:
I did what you told me using the BBedit and saving as .profile. everything went good. when I went back into the terminal I am getting ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'. This is the same error I get when trying to connect with the mysql administrator. As I mentioned, is it needed to go through the terminal also when using mysql administrator.

One of the difficulties of trying to help someone like you is that you have been following instructions in a book that I haven't read, so I have no idea what you have done. Setting up MySQL on a Mac is a piece of cake - if you do it right. If you installed the StartUp preference pane, I suggest that you stop the MySQL server. Then reinstall it.

David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)
Author, "PHP Solutions" (friends of ED)