macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

Re: CF8, Mysql db connection

Subject: Re: CF8, Mysql db connection
From: David Powers
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:35:26 +0100
Newsgroups: macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

neuby79 wrote:
I did what you told me using the BBedit and saving as .profile. everything went good. when I went back into the terminal I am getting ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'. This is the same error I get when trying to connect with the mysql administrator. As I mentioned, is it needed to go through the terminal also when using mysql administrator.

One of the difficulties of trying to help someone like you is that you have been following instructions in a book that I haven't read, so I have no idea what you have done. Setting up MySQL on a Mac is a piece of cake - if you do it right. If you installed the StartUp preference pane, I suggest that you stop the MySQL server. Then reinstall it.

--
David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)