Re: Calling a Stored Procedure within dw cs3

Subject: Re: Calling a Stored Procedure within dw cs3
From: "Lionstone"
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:42:08 -0500
Newsgroups: macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

"eFscl" <webforumsuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi there,
> somebody saw such a strange(in my point of view)  code
> already? This
> code
> was generated by cs3 adding a record set with a server behavior. Within
> the
> window "record set" i see all parameter namings right. But within the
> source
> code i see just "?" and "parameter" with an auto numbering.

That's normal.  ADO (the layer between your ASP pages and the OLE DB
provider for the database) only supports passing parameters by position, and
parameters are marked with a ? in the command text.

> Other question: is it right that i have to define the size of an parameter
> within the source code? (When i use the "command " feature instead of the
> Record Set feature i can add the size in the developing window too. Is
> this not
> working within the record set window?

I wouldn't think so, but ADO supports certain parameter setups that
translate to "I don't know, ask the server."  The recordset behavior may be
using those.

> (BTW: I tried to use the "command server behav."  but i did not get back
> the
> record set - so i switch to the "record set behav" but here i cant modify
> the
> size .... )

The command object will return a recordset, and is in fact how DW implements
the recordset behavior in DW CS.