macromedia.director.lingo

Re: Bottom aligning text

Subject: Re: Bottom aligning text
From: Dave C
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 18:24:48 -0400
Newsgroups: macromedia.director.lingo

Since you need the text box to behave in a completely different way than it was designed to do, I wouldn't consider it to be a 'hack-job'. I would call it 'creative coding'. ;-)

You could set the member's boxtype to #fixed (which won't show scrollbars) then switch it to #scroll when there are twenty one or more real lines of text.

I have a similar 'chat' text member, I just never was concerned with the text starting at the top, or having the disabled scroll bars before the it was full. I do employ a fairly simple way of keeping the most recent text at the bottom once it fills up:

member("SomeMemberName").scrollTop = member("SomeMemberName").height - sprite(someSpriteNum).height