macromedia.director.lingo

Re: User-defined event assistance needed

Subject: Re: User-defined event assistance needed
From: ""
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 15:20:50 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.director.lingo

Thanks, McFazstp.  I guess I am still looking for how to craft the actual
#custom_event in your example.  I have gone through the Director livedocs and
not come up with anything.

 In the sendEvent entry in the livedocs they refer to an event called #jump.
This appears to be a custom event, but I don't know how the event is written.
Does anyone out there have some experience with this that they could share?

 For example, let?s say that you have a 2D sprite onstage, and it is rotating
through a script.  Could you create a custom event that will detect when its
rotation is greater than 270?  Can one write a custom event that detects when a
3D cast member changes from a ?playing? state to a ?paused? state?  I
understand how to register the event, it?s actually writing the event that I am
lost on.