macromedia.director.lingo

Re: Couple of Scripting questions

Subject: Re: Couple of Scripting questions
From: Mike Blaustein
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:30:57 -0500
Newsgroups: macromedia.director.lingo

 what type of list should I use for this - a linear list,
or a property list?

Probably a linear list would be fine for your purpose. Just list of filenames like

listOFilenames=["c:\path\to\file1","c:\path\to\file2"]

And, assuming I understand how to do this, can I use a variable to remember the position in the list - like:
 getAt(mylist, n), and then go to the next one, like n = n+1?
yes.

put listOFileNames[1]
-- "c:\path\to\file1"

repeat with i=1 to listOFileNames.count
 put listOFileNames[i]
end repeat

-- "c:\path\to\file1"
-- "c:\path\to\file2"

Also, is there any way to set up a way to drag and drop a file to a window, and it will get the pathname?

There is a (windows only) xtra called dropFile which can do that:

http://www.mediamacros.com/item/item-930154949/