macromedia.director.basics

Re: Director Error

Subject: Re: Director Error
From: "springbett"
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 04:13:58 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.director.basics
Hi Tom. Thanks very much for your reply.

 The error is:

 "unable to open file d:/resources/demo.dxr because it is already open with
write permission by another user".

 It doesnt give me the option to select another file. I have no idea how to
tell it to select another file. I've tried to open the demo.dxr file directly
(bypassing the start.exe) and nothing happens. I just get the hourglass curser
for a while then it stops.

 I am going to reinstall the flash thingo to see if it helps. Or is it
shockwave player? I dont know. I'll reinstall both!

 Yes, D: is my CD drive. But on my other computer it is E and the message is
the same, but with E instead of D. I'm using Windows XP but I have also tried
it on Vista and I recieve same error.