macromedia.director.basics

Re: Director Error

Subject: Re: Director Error
From: "springbett"
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 06:08:49 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.director.basics
Thanks Tom for your help.

 Sean, The CD has worked previously. It is also the original CD, not a copy
that I have burned myself.

 Dave C, the CD has the following in it:

 "resources" (a folder containing a bunch of *.mov, *cxt, *dxr, *.dcr, *.txt
and *.pdf files.) This is the folder where the file refered to in the error
message is located.

 "utilities" (folder containing the install files for Acrobat, Quicktime, Flash
etc)

 "xtras" (folder with something in it called budapi.x32. No idea what this is)

 readme txt document, which contains nothing interesting or useful to me.

 and START, which is the launch file for the application.

 Theres no folder with the same name as the file that the error refers to.

 After reinstalling the flash & shockwave, the error persists.

 What should the dxr file be opeining in? Do I need to change the "open with"
option on the properties for this file?