macromedia.director.basics

Re: FINALLY, it's here!

Subject: Re: FINALLY, it's here!
From: "Erniegar"
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 18:09:01 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.director.basics
[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]Newsgroup User[/b][/b][/i]
 Which page did you read that said any of that?  I don't believe anything
 that you mentioned has been stated by Adobe to be part of the new version.
 [/q]

 On Adobe's Director 11 page it says :

 [i]"Support for more than 40 video, audio, and image file formats"[/i] So my
question is does this mean we don't need the MpegAdvance Xtra anymore ?

 [i]"Enhanced text rendering engine"[/i] So does that mean that I won't have to
import text as PSD images for it to show up half decently ?

 [i]"Adobe product line compatibility Take advantage of the easy workflow
between Director 11 and the Adobe applications you already rely on, including
Adobe Photoshop"[/i] So does this mean I won't need Photocaster and Alphamania
Xtras to import PSDs anymore ?

 [i]"Embed, control, and play back DVD movies with other types of media to
create powerful interactive experiences."[/i]  Does this mean that I can author
DVD menus from Director ?

 This was not a joke post.  All quotes are from the Adobe website.  I was
wondering if people know more about what we have to look forward to could
clarify the above ?  (All of the above are also things that other users of this
forum have suggested would be welcome, myself included)