macromedia.director.basics

Re: will director 10 MX 2004 work with vista

Subject: Re: will director 10 MX 2004 work with vista
From: Mike Blaustein
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 06:21:57 -0500
Newsgroups: macromedia.director.basics

It works for me with Vista Ultimate and MX2004. I am running it on a Mac Pro in Parallels, and it works as well as XP. The only issue I have found is with 3D (this happens in projectors on Vista also), Vista doesn't play well with the DirectX5 or DirectX7 renderers in all cases (for instance non-DTS 3d sprites with backgroundTransparent ink show up bright red). This is easily circumvented by using OpenGL as the renderer by the way.
But apart from that, I have had no problems.