macromedia.director.basics

Re: FINALLY, it's here!

Subject: Re: FINALLY, it's here!
From: Sean Wilson
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 19:44:11 +1300
Newsgroups: macromedia.director.basics

Anyone know when the new XDK might come out and if older Xtras might be compatible? In other words, is the API backward compatible (I know it naturally would have Mactel issues)?
I expect it will be available at or shortly after release. If you're
really desperate (and develop a commercially available xtra) you should
contact Allen Partridge. He has said something to the effect that
existing xtras should be compatible as long as they don't have to deal
with unicode strings.