macromedia.director.basics

Re: director 11

Subject: Re: director 11
From: "scarroll"
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 00:46:05 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.director.basics
Doesn't Adobe realize that their market base is in the graphic design segment
(a stigma now) and aquiring of Macromedia lead to a HUGE potential asset of
aquiring software solution developers for Adobe AIR?   They are letting that go
by isolating Director developers. I personally develope using PHP, Java, C++,
ActionScript and Lingo and I do honestly find Director a perfect fit for alot
of my clients. Although that is dwindling not because of new solutions but
because of age (old 3d, lack of mac ability, xml parser with memory leaks,
etc).   COME ON ADOBE! YOU ARE LOSING YOUR NEW FOUND FOCUS!!! With this total
lack of attention, I'm more and more likely to move all my clients away from
'Adobe' Director and take Silverlight and various MS SDKs more seriously and
not even consider AIR!  If you are going to ignore Director, at least don't
ignore your revenue stream and try to appeal to Director Developers with
migration/literature/Hot AIR about what Adobe can do for developers (and the
developers you've isolated and ignored). Otherwise you'll be left with a new
Adobe Software developer company with no client developers, -just graphic
artist wondering why your company focus isn't on them!