macromedia.director.basics

Re: FINALLY, it's here!

Subject: Re: FINALLY, it's here!
From: "scarroll"
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 01:28:57 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.director.basics
I'd be fine with running new stuff on new hardware. 90% of my clients and
development are on Intel Dual Core with NVidia 6XXX or better (typicall 8XXX
GTS). Hell, I'd cut out alot of backwards compatibility too.

 But guess what? My complaint is that I see nothing new. The 3D looks no better
then the renderer 6 years ago. And last I checked, I was able to embed Flash
.swf files with video just fine (not the new codec, but video none the less).
There were plenty of xtras for processing MPEG-4 anyways.

 Bottom line, what an I getting? I should I be thankful for not being held
hostage is hardly a 'feature'. Like I said, this isn't open source so I would
expect/demand the latest functionality and features at the premium price we pay.