macromedia.director.basics

Re: How to control Xtras loader...

Subject: Re: How to control Xtras loader...
From: "Mouseclick Multimedia"
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:27:12 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.director.basics
The way it works, according to me: when you start a projector, it loads all the
xtras that are in the xtras folder, regardless of whether you need them right
away or not. Normally, I would advice to use a stub movie that has just your
menu so it would start up as fast as possible. From that menu you would start
protected movies, but you cannot, as far as I know, include xtras in a
protected (dxr) movies is not possible. So you would still need to include
these xtras in the xtras folder, which would again cause your stub projector to
slow down in loading. The only way I see to solve this, is to use actual
projectors (exe) that have the xtras included in them. Whether that's a great
solution depends on the situation I guess, in this case, it may be warranted
though.