macromedia.director.basics

Re: New version support Flash 9 and AS3?

Subject: Re: New version support Flash 9 and AS3?
From: "Oliver.Kilb"
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 19:32:55 +0100
Newsgroups: macromedia.director.basics

necromanthus schrieb:
 If that's true, this is bad news.

Well, I can assure you it's true. I have a member with a filesize of 349,9K (according to the Director Property Inspector) and a SourceFileName of "<erased>\FLASH\Necromanthus\<erased>.fla".

Moreover, it took me about 5 Minutes and ~20 Lines of Code (and could be done in half the lines I think), using normal Director Lingo.

 I cannot convince more flash users to use director to protect their projects.
 Did you use Valentin's SwfExport xtra?

Yes I did, but I don't think that's the only way to do it.

I don't want to go too much into specs, but I think you didn't use all the possibilities that are available.

Think a little bit more of what you can do with the .dcr file itself and what you can do if it's running in a context where it's not supposed to. There are at least some more things to make it harder for the majority.