macromedia.director.basics

Buddiy API cross platform woes

Subject: Buddiy API cross platform woes
From: "IPete2"
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:56:57 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.director.basics
Hi,

 We are producing a cross platform CD-ROM and need to launch PDFs.  We have
purchased Buddy API and have the Windows version working fine.  When we publish
the Mac version it refuses to launch Acrobat, even though I can see the api
being included during the publish process.

 I have installed the cross platform 'flattened' versions of the api into the
relevant directories and indeed the Mac does NOT error saying it can't see the
api.

 So it must be down to my code I think, here it is - any advise is very welcome
- thanks. The PDF's are all kept inside the 'MEDIA' folder btw.

 on mouseUp me

 tDelimiter = the last char of the moviePath

 tFile = _movie.path & "MEDIA" & tDelimiter & "Recovery.pdf"

 OK = baOpenFile(tFile, "normal")

 end

 P.