macromedia.director.basics

Re: FINALLY, it's here!

Subject: Re: FINALLY, it's here!
From: "KingDruid"
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 01:06:52 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.director.basics

Man this is great news! Cant wait to get my hands on this.

 I had one question and I dont know if any of you can answer this. So currently
if I export a model with a reflection map from 3d studio to W3D it will make
that map standard and kill the reflection, because the plug-in doesnt support
it. Since director 11 supports W3D for it's 3D models, will there be a new
plugin so it can add all the DX9 functionality in the W3D file? This worries me
because they may add support for DX9, but if you can't get that data out of 3D
studio you will have to create everything in Director.

 Does anyone know the answer to this?