macromedia.director.basics

Re: FINALLY, it's here!

Subject: Re: FINALLY, it's here!
From: Sean Wilson
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 14:21:10 +1300
Newsgroups: macromedia.director.basics

I really don't see an advantage in the new physics engine since the Havok engine works faster
Can you point to a benchmark to back up this statement?

I'm sorry but I really don't see a reason to update to Version 11 if it only makes it run faster. I am better off looking for an alternative that allows you to use at least some of the DX9 shaders and runs fine on xp, vista, and mac os. Unfortunely that only leaves Unity which only runs on a mac...????
No, the published application will run on a PC, but the authoring
environment is Mac-only (with rumours of a Windows port).
 BTW what happened to linux support did they scrap that?
It was never on the cards - what makes you think it was?