macromedia.director.basics

confused: how does a videocard relate to my director work environment

Subject: confused: how does a videocard relate to my director work environment
From: "dsdsdsdsd"
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 23:29:41 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.director.basics

hello;

 I am about to buy a laptop and I am discovering that most laptops (affordable)
 have integrated videocards (ex: Intel GMA X3100 w/ 384mb allocated ram
 OR ATI Radeon X1250 w/ 512mb allocated ram );

 I understand that these integrated videocards use the machine's ram via
'sharing';

 QUESTION: is this an issue for me? I author in director10 with a cast full of
dozens of scripts, usually one .w3d file ( created in lightwave with somewhere
between 5000-20000 points ), a flash file that streams in flvs for animated
textures;

 thanks
 Shannon