macromedia.contribute.connection_administration

Contribute cannot verify your connection information

Subject: Contribute cannot verify your connection information
From: ""
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 21:27:49 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.contribute.connection_administration

I am having a strange issue.  I have my website on one Windows 2003 server,
Contribute installed on another.  Both machines are networked and I have
administrator access.  My problem is that when I try to set up a connection to
the website using Local/Network option, Contribute gives me a "Cannot verify
your connection information" error.  I have tried making the connection with a
standard shared path, e.g. \\Server1\website as well as mapping the network
share to a local drive letter.

 What does work is when I specify the complete network path, including drive
letter, e.g. \\Server1\D$\website

 The problem is that in order to map this connection using the drive letter for
other users, they all need Administrator access.  That's a major security
problem.

 Has anyone else run into this problem and is there any solution to get
Contribute to recognize virtual share paths?