macromedia.coldfusion.server_administration

ColdFusion 8 Service unable to restart

Subject: ColdFusion 8 Service unable to restart
From: "rocketzandco"
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:47:36 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.server_administration

We have recently upgraded from CF7 to CF8. We downloaded the trial version and
then purchased the license. Twice, the service has
 crashed (within 1 week). The error was essentially:

 windows cannot start service ColdFusion 8 Administrator Server. If this is a
non-Microsoft application, contact the Vendor. Error
 Code 2

 We have tried everything from clearing space on the server, to restarting
multiple times. The only thing that has seemed to work (t
 emporarily) is a re-install. However, it seems to be a temporary fix.

 We have never had this issue until after the upgrade.

 We have been experiencing severe down time due to this issue.