macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

Sub - Page best practices

Subject: Sub - Page best practices
From: "ProjectedSurplus"
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 02:03:35 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

My site has a main index.cfm template which loads "sub-pages"  (say #content,
#navbar, etc)

 What if anything should I put in the header of the subpages??? Specifically,
below is in my index.cfm (most put there by DW automatically) but for the pages
which (are NOT designed to be seen independently of the .index) what
should/need be used?

 FWIW, heretofore I have put nothing save comments at the top of subpages BUT
have recently been compelled to move SOME css into the subpages (rather than
all in the index.cfm css link) and thus need to have at least a <head><style
type="text/css"> . . . </style></head> area (plus I then have put in a body tag
as well).

 But I have noticed that when doing so some of the DW code highlighting does
not work (i.e. divs won't stay blue, cfouputs won't stay red etc).  even when
they seem to my eye to be proper.

 Thanks in advance for any and all comments,

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>

 <head>