macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

cfflile on linux not uploading

Subject: cfflile on linux not uploading
From: "IronGarden"
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:59:49 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

I can't get my cffile upload to work.  I'm on Linux CF 8.  When it runs it
appears that everything happended correctly.  No error message appears and the
variable dbfurl, that holds the filename, gets inserted into the database
further down in the code correctly.  The problem is the file is never uploaded.
 Whenever uploads haven't worked in the past I've received an error message.
Anyone have ideas on what's wrong?

 <cffile action="UPLOAD" filefield="furl"
destination="/var/www/html/hmpid/pdfs" nameconflict="MAKEUNIQUE">
 <cfset dbfurl = '#FILE.ServerFile#'>