macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

Doubt with <cferror>

Subject: Doubt with <cferror>
From: "Dhrupadh"
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 19:29:20 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

While reading the CFMX7 study guide, I found a statement that says that the
template mentioned in the <cferror> tag with type="REQUEST" is called in case
of any errors on the page including syntax errors.

 Is this statement correct with reference to the Syntax error part? When I
tried running my application following the same example mentioned in the book
i.e. trying to execute a <cfquery> without a datasource attribute, I get the CF
error page and not the error page specified in the <cferror> tag.

 For runtime errors, the behaviour is expected but for Syntax errors, this is
kinda confusing.

 Please throw more light on this in case my understanding is not
correct/complete about <cferror>

 Regards
 Dhrupadh