macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

Using "-" in a variable without calculating

Subject: Using "-" in a variable without calculating
From: "lther"
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 16:13:21 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

This should be an easy one... when I have a # in the output, to cancel it out,
I add another one (ie. color=##ffffff). But I'm having problems with the same
type of thing if I use a hyphen/minus sign "-".

 I have three variables that I'm trying to merge as:

 #variable1#-#variable2#-#variable3#

 so the number when I do CFSET should be something like

 1234-5678-9000

 I tried adding another - sign and it just calculates that too.

 But if I try to set that as a variable, it does the calculation instead. I
hope this makes sense :)

 Is there a way to cancel out the - so it doesn't calculate it and just places
it in the variable? I'm using CF 5.

 Thanks!