macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

Re: No IIS Option

Subject: Re: No IIS Option
From: "ksmith"
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 21:22:22 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

Sorry for you disappointment. However, I would continue to work the incident
through support. You can ask that it be escalated if the tech you have cannot
assist you.

 However, reviewing what we have discussed I would:
 1) Try another installation of CF8, but select only to use the internal
webserver. This will install everything under ColdFusion8\.  Your webroot will
be in ColdFusion8\wwwroot.  You should be able to open the configuration wizard
and the CF administrator by using
http://localhost:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm.  This is only a test to
see if the installer runs at all.
 2) If it runs continue thru the configuration wizard.  Then try running the
wsconfig.exe as described earlier. Does it work.  If not, a last item you can
try is running \coldfusion8\bin\connectors\iis_connector.bat. If you get errors
during this step, post what them.  If you fail to even get the base install
done, it sounds like you may have bad installation media and you should try
downloading as described earlier.

 Do you have a name of the support tech who emailed you?