macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

Re: CF Administrator Will Not Come Up in Browser

Subject: Re: CF Administrator Will Not Come Up in Browser
From: "UnionStudent"
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 01:53:38 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

First of all,  jphillips777, sorry it's taken me so long to respond back. I
appreciate you responding to my question. Are you asking what error I get when
I try to go to the administrator? If so it just normally comes up as a typical
error as when the browser can't find the page (e.g. in Firefox it says
something about "Problem loading page").

 Recently, I asked my professor what he thought the problem might be and he
said that probably some of the ColdFusion services may not be running since I
indicated that it stopped working after I restarted my computer. (I realized
this information after I'd already posted on here.) He said he'd had this
problem himself.

 So, I looked at the services and sure enough one of them wasn't running. After
I started the service I was then able to access both the admin page and I could
preview my cfm files.

 The only problem is that I had to restart my computer again later on, and when
I pulled up the admin again it was giving me the same error. Yet this time when
I restarted the service it didn't work. Well, the service restarted fine, but
when I try to pull up the admin page (or any other cfm in file) in my browser a
pop-up comes up as if it's trying to open the file in a different program (it
offers Dreamweaver).

 ukb kumar, currently, if I go to http://localhost:8500/ I get a JRun Servlet
Error that says:

 500

 Can't find resource for base name
coldfusion/server/ServiceFactory.ServiceNotAvailableException.properties

 java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for base name
coldfusion/server/ServiceFactory.ServiceNotAvailableException.properties
        at coldfusion.util.RB.loadProperties(RB.java:183)
        at coldfusion.util.RB.<init>(RB.java:115)
        at coldfusion.util.RB.getMessage(RB.java:606)
        at coldfusion.runtime.NeoException.getString(NeoException.java:513)
        at coldfusion.runtime.NeoException.getMessage(NeoException.java:455)
        at
coldfusion.runtime.NeoException.getLocalizedMessage(NeoException.java:464)
        at java.lang.Throwable.toString(Throwable.java:343)
        at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2827)
        at java.io.PrintStream.println(PrintStream.java:771)
        at java.lang.Throwable.printStackTrace(Throwable.java:461)
        at java.lang.Throwable.printStackTrace(Throwable.java:451)
        at
coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:1
00)
        at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59)
        at
jrun.servlet.WebApplicationService.loadServlet(WebApplicationService.java:1213)
        at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.init(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:862)
        at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.<init>(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:84)
        at
jrun.servlet.WebApplicationService.getRequestDispatcher(WebApplicationService.ja
va:1077)
        at
jrun.servlet.WebApplicationService.getFilteredDispatcher(WebApplicationService.j
ava:1060)
        at jrun.servlet.file.FileServlet.service(FileServlet.java:310)
        at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
        at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
        at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:284)
        at
jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
        at jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebService.java:172)
        at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)
        at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
        at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)
        at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)