macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

Re: Validation with Regular Expressions

Subject: Re: Validation with Regular Expressions
From: "JR "Bob" Dobbs"
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:30:56 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]Luckbox72[/b][/b][/i]
 The problem is not the Regex.  I have tested 3 or 4 different versions that
all work on the many different test sites.  The problem is it that the
validation does not seem to work. I have changed the patter to only allow NA
and I can still type anything into the text box.  Is there some issue with
useing Regex as your validation?[/q]

 Bear in mind that by default validation does not occur until the user attempts
to submit the form.  If you are trying to control the characters that the user
can enter into the textbox, as opposed to validating what they have entered,
you will need to provide your own javascript validation.