macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

Re: Application.cfm

Subject: Re: Application.cfm
From: "BKBK"
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 13:59:05 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

Ayuso_15 wrote:
 [i]I am trying to start a new application, I have seen a lot of
application.cfm examples but I want to ask wich information is needed to start
the application or where can I find some examples and explanations.
 I know i have to define a session and I can add some variables to it, but
what's needed or recommended to be in that file.[/i]

 As you want to use sessions, you must first enable sessions in the Coldfusion
Administrator. On the [i]Memory Variables[/i] page, tick the checkboxes to
[i]Enable Application Variables[/i] and [i]Enable Session Variables[/i]. Then
save the following code as a basic Application.cfm file. You should then be up
and running. Good luck.

 <cfapplication name = "AyusoApp"
 applicationTimeout = "#createTimespan(1,0,0,0)#"

 sessionManagement = "yes"
 sessionTimeout = "#createTimeSpan(0,0,20,0)#"
 setClientCookies = "true"
 scriptprotect="all" loginstorage="Session">