macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

Coldfusion 8 stalling problem

Subject: Coldfusion 8 stalling problem
From: "pelfed"
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:32:17 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

For the last couple of days i've been building a Linux (CENTOS 4) server with
Coldfusion 8 developer edition.

 I think i've found a bug with the installation. Everything seems to go okay
and coldfusion 8 works fine until I issue a 'shutdown -r now'. When I do this,
the server starts up but coldfusion 8 hangs/stalls. This happens on stand alone
and multi-server installations.

 I then discovered (having left the server for over an hour) that the cf server
had eventually started? So I looked into the cf logs and discoverd the
following:

 02/29 11:42:31 user MessageBrokerServlet: init
 02/29 12:53:58 user CFFormGateway: init

 As you can see from the above the MessageBrokerServlet took over an hour to
start/complete. I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. Has anyone else had
this problem? Any idea of a cure?