macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

Re: WUSIWYG SOFTWARE for Coldfusion

Subject: Re: WUSIWYG SOFTWARE for Coldfusion
From: "Campag"
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:00:29 +0800
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

re:  Well, what's the point of *any* of the suggestions to improve CF that
have
been tossed around?

Yes, see your point. Its like on the one hand I'm saying "Come on, lets get
it together and save coldfusion" but on the other hand I'm saying "It's too
late - we're doomed!"

To be honest - I'm a bit torn there as it's hard to make a global comment
that suits all. For example, coldfusion is already dead in many places.
Thats not a dig at Adobe or CF or intended to be a deliberately trollish
statement, its pure fact like it or not. But there are places where CF is
thriving and it is at these places where it can still blossom and grow if
only Adobe would treat it like a complete RAD platform and address all of
its limitations - it cn be done. Step one - all ISP/Hosts should have CF
installed just as they have PHP and others. Second step, CF needs a
integrated development environement to attract all those developers who feel
this is important. CF can become as widespread as others and once it does,
Adobe can easily find revenue streams from withing this positive spiral.