macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

Re: WUSIWYG SOFTWARE for Coldfusion

Subject: Re: WUSIWYG SOFTWARE for Coldfusion
From: "jhutchdublin"
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 19:36:55 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

As someone who does both ASP.NET and ColdFusion there are advantage and
disadvantages to each.

 there is nothing one can really do over the other. It all comes down to
learning languages. I have projects that have used both

 For most of my development I use ColdFusion, I find it was much easier to
learn and quicker to write. I use Dreamweaver as my CF IDE.

 I have also used CFEclipse, which is free and is quite good. The only thing I
don't like about is that it doesn't close my tags where Dreamweaver does

 Once again each of these products has advantages and disadvantages to them.
You can try Dreamweaver free for 30days and CFeclipse is free a bit tricky to
understand the downlaods and installation as Eclipse doesn't come with an
installer

 I have also used ASP.NET 2.0 for various projects. With ASP.NET you several
languages you can choose VB.NET and C# are the most popular. VB.NET is the
easier one to learn

 Keep in mind C# is a fully Object Orientated Language where ColdFusion  is
fully OO, but Componets are getting it there

 Both are scaleable, meaning they can grow and expand with your project.

 For easy of learning I would recommend ColdFusion and now with ColdFusion 8
being able to work with .NET written components it might be a good idea to go
down this route

 If you're a part-time programmer I would use CF.