macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

Re: Should I use Coldfusion?

Subject: Re: Should I use Coldfusion?
From: "Campag"
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:50:51 +0800
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.getting_started

Coldfusion is not very popular and there are not as many resources as most
other languages. Plus its not very well supported with ISP's.

If you find you do lots of work for smaller customers, you'll find that they
either don't care about which technology you use or they'll specifically ask
you not to use coldfusion as they have heard it is expensive and fading out.

Use asp.net , php or ruby on rails as these are the way of the future.
People are not adopting cf as it offers very little for a a large cost (not
just talking money. Take a look in the bookstore or crusise around the web,
you;ll quickly see that cf is not well supported or widely used. This
doesn't mean its not a great technology, it is. But if these limiattions are
a probelm for you then I think you should know. You'll get all the wrong
answers in here as they are very cf biased (as they should be)