Re: URL to pass variable, but how to keep it secure?

Subject: Re: URL to pass variable, but how to keep it secure?
From: "CF-Pensioner"
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 20:19:21 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion

Oh no, I am terribly sorry I did not know you were new to cf and totally showed
you dummy code that was confusing.

 My dummy code was assuming you understood and have built components to handle
your User permissions.

 Generally when you create a login based website it is a good idea to keep a
Session  variable that contains user specific information. In your case whether
the user is logged in and whether they are an admin

 If so all you do is check your Session variable for the whether they are
logged in and if they are an admin, like so:

 //if user is logged in AND user is admin
        <cfcontent file="c:\myapp\application.exe">
        or if cfcontent doesn't work
        <cfheader name='Content-Disposition'
value="attachment;filename=c:\myapp\application.exe">
 //end if