Re: Using variables on included files?

Subject: Re: Using variables on included files?
From: "Kronin555"
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 17:18:51 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion

If you did that dump at the very top of inc/event_reg.cfm, then there must be
code in event_reg.cfm that we don't see. Are you resetting check_user to
anything in that file?

 > But if I dump the variable #fRating#, I get a message that says Element
U_FOIL_RATING is undefined in CHECK_USER

 Where are you trying to dump the fRating variable? In CF/process2.cfm? In
event_reg.cfm, you are setting the value of a hidden form variable to
check_user.u_foil_rating. When this page loads, if you view source, is the
value being set correctly?

 Your statement about dumping fRating leads me to believe the error is actually
occurring on a different page, not this page. What page are you actually
getting the undefined variable error?