Re: Using variables on included files?
That sounds about right
"Dan Bracuk" <webforumsuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]Newsgroup User[/b][/b][/i]
that is NOT setting any fRating variable (yes, i know now that you were
actually dumping the other one, just posted wrong code) - it is merely
creating a form field. CF will NOT see this fRating var until you submit
so, let me summarize current state of affairs:
1) you have a query in the main page
2) you use the query output in the cfincluded page
3) if you cfdump your query in the cfincluded page you see the correct
4) but when you try to set a form field value to a query var, you get an
error about that var not being defined
is the above correct?
I see 3 and 4 like this:
3 . He can dump the entire query at the start of the included file.
4. He can't dump one of the fields later on in the same included file.
It's only 18 lines. If it were me, I'd dump both the query and the field
the very start of the included file and then move then down line by line
something goes wrong.