Re: Using variables on included files?

Subject: Re: Using variables on included files?
From: "Steve Grosz"
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 07:34:40 -0700
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion

That sounds about right

"Dan Bracuk" <webforumsuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:gjl3ud$nke$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]Newsgroup User[/b][/b][/i]
that is NOT setting any fRating variable (yes, i know now that you were
actually dumping the other one, just posted wrong code) - it is merely
creating a form field. CF will NOT see this fRating var until you submit
the form.

so, let me summarize current state of affairs:

1) you have a query in the main page
2) you use the query output in the cfincluded page
3) if you cfdump your query in the cfincluded page you see the correct dump
4) but when you try to set a form field value to a query var, you get an
error about that var not being defined

is the above correct?

Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com/
[/q]
I see 3 and 4 like this:
3 .  He can dump the entire query at the start of the included file.
4.   He can't dump one of the fields later on in the same included file.

It's only 18 lines. If it were me, I'd dump both the query and the field at the very start of the included file and then move then down line by line until
something goes wrong.