Coldfusion Login

Subject: Coldfusion Login
From: "ProjectedSurplus"
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 22:21:14 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion

This might be a stooooopid question but all the Coldfusion/Dweaver LOGIN
examples/tutorials/code wizards seem to entail:

 FORM.CFM page      >>>     submits to ACTION.CFM      >>>   <CFQUERY> to
database   >>>

 whereas I understand that for coldfusion 7/8 (with mysql 5 fwiw)  cfcs and
stored procedures offer benefits from security to code organization.  Is true??
 Or am I not understanding a necessary step (ie before I try converting these
examples to the aforementioned).

 On a related note, what are the performance implications of say <cfinsert> vs.
say <cfquery> with INSERT INTO . . . (and/or vs. stored procedures though from
what I understand the stored proc will have greater speed due to database
cacheing etc -- thus should it not be used for non-cache needed commands?)