Re: Error on Update - SQL Server datatype ??

Subject: Re: Error on Update - SQL Server datatype ??
From: "Dan Bracuk"
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 20:50:51 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion

[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]Newsgroup User[/b][/b][/i] Dan,  1 - yes, I
caught the double quotes and fixed it. 2 - It says date but the field is really
set like January 2006 or 2006 or,  22003 so it's not really a true date filed.
(the way the data was set prior  to my working with the client) 3 - Not sure
what you mean by quoted the variable. The article_number is a  hidden form
field.  It's working now. I fixed all the errors in the update statement.  Kim
'Dan Bracuk' <webforumsuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:fo7k09$1mh$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > Line 22 has a couple of problems.
First, you have double quotes instead  > of > single quotes.  Second, you
appear to sending text to a date field - bad  > idea. > Line 23 might be a data
mismatch only.  The field is called article_number  > and > you have quoted the
variable. >  [/q] What I meant was, if article_number had a numeric datatype in
your db, the quotes in your update query would have caused a problem.  As an
aside, there should be no semi-colons in cfquery sql.  Sometimes you can get
away with it, sometimes it will cause an error.