Re: Coldfusion 8 (I want it)

Subject: Re: Coldfusion 8 I want it
From: "frank_tudor"
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 15:27:03 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
Thanks Michael,

 I just needed to facts not all this fighting. Using the word 'better' is
subjective and there are so many variables that are different from case to
case.  For my specific need Coldfusion is the option.  I am not developing
enterprise architecture, or ERP systems, or crazy things like that.  I am
building web applications some are so simple that it is insane to even consider
.NET.  On the other hand, I create a lot of C# console apps where I can take
full advantage of the technology (file handling and such).  For example I would
not use Coldfusion to crunch through 1.5 million XML files and consolidate
them...

 IMHO, ASP.NET has a lot more work to do on the 'web front' to convince me that
it is competitive with Coldfusion. It would basically have to provide
everything that Coldfusion 8 provides. And when I say that, I mean that one
individual can do everything from design, development, troubleshooting,
administration, etc.

 Adobe empowers people by making them more productive. Coldfusion empowers me
as a developer and an administrator of Coldfusion websites. I don't feel that
when I use Microsoft technology.  I mean I can't be the only one that feels
this way, right?

 Again thank you for supporting me in this discussion.