Why Coldfusion and Flex ?

Subject: Why Coldfusion and Flex ?
From: "abudahim"
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 10:57:19 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
im beginner in Adobe technologies, and i have many questions about their
development products .
 at present, im working on Flex to create some charting tool . i was asked by
my supervisor to do it using Flex though i have no experience about it but
eventually i find it easy to use.

 today i have read about Coldfusion but i didn't cover the idea behind it and
the its goal.
 i know that Flex and coldfusion can coerporate . but why they are not a single
product. does each one has its own use case. or they both have the same goals
which is creating rich controls but with different ways ?
 when do i need to use Flex and when do i need to use Coldfusion ?
 i hope someone here can answer my questions.
 thank you