How to find first and last day of previous month?.

Subject: How to find first and last day of previous month?.
From: "Adomacro"
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 16:25:04 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
Based on current month, I want to find start and end day of previous month.
 For example,
 For august, Start date is July 1st and End date July 31st.

 How can i get first of previous month as start date and last day of the
previous month as end date?.

 Same way,
 i want to find start date of current month and end date of next month.
 Example:
 For august,
 i want to get start date, august 1st and end date : september 30.

 How can i do this from current date or now().

 I am looking for best and easy way to find start and end dates..

 Thanks