Re: CGI Referer Tracking

Subject: Re: CGI Referer Tracking
From: "Kapitaine"
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:02:50 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
Could you not set a unique session variable, store it in a database along with
the refer and then query the database when you need the refer based on the
unique session variable. E.g.

 <cfset session.user = createUUID()  />
 <cfset session.contactReferer = cgi.http_referer />

 <!--- Now store them in a database table --->
 <!--- When you need to query the database you could do soemthing like --->

 <cflock name="getReferer_lock" scope="session" type="exclusive" timeout="30">
 <cfquery  name="getReferer" datasource="" username="" password="">
 SELECT user, contactReferer
 FROM the_table_that_stored_these_values
 WHERE user = <cfparam name="session.user" type="UUID" default="" />
 </cfquery>
 </cflock>

 I dunno, I'm pretty novice, but hopefully it's enough of an idea to get the
brain juices going!

 Mikey