The Problem With CF

Subject: The Problem With CF
From: "Kapitaine"
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 11:53:57 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
Hi,

 I love CF I really do, but when will Adobe optimize their JS scripts and CSS
etc??

 I have CF8 and using the new cfwindow tag is more pain than it's worth because
it includes so many JS files and badly inserted inline scripts or CSS. I would
love to use it, but the page size can start to get a little crazy.

 Don't get me wrong, I love all this new stuff, but I would like Adobe to
concentrate a bit more on optimization with many of CFs features - old and new,
hopefully with a new release in the future.

 CF also links to JS files containing huge JS files, but since many of these
wont even be touched by its users, why not link to heavily compressed versions
instead - reducing white space etc and saving bandwidth.

 It's not a big deal for some, but on a site with hundreds of thousands of
impressions a day this can be a big problem.

 What are your thoughts??

 Thanks,

 Mikey.