Re: puny code and IDN(International Domain Name)

Subject: Re: puny code and IDNInternational Domain Name
From: "joonstar"
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:13:08 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
As IE7 is on the road, most major browsers support IDN(International Domain
Name)

 I think Server-scripting language should support IDN,
 i.e. we should read IDN in server-scripting languages.

 I've heard that there are some clues for reading IDN in PHP.

http://pear.speedpartner.de/apidoc/I18N_Punycode/I18N_Punycode/_Punycode_Punycod
e_php.html

 http://phlymail.de/index.php?sid=79a...oads&what=idna

 http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/file/5845.html

 Then, why can't ColdFusion read IDN?

 For example,
 #cgi.HTTP_HOST in ColdFusion read EDN(English Domain Name).

 We need a kind of cgi variables which is likely named "cgi.HTTP_IDN" which can
read IDN instead of PunyCode.

 How can I read IDN in ColdFusion?

 Any suggestion will be appreciated.