Re: Display fields on Action Page

Subject: Re: Display fields on Action Page
From: "Steve Sommers"
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:49:22 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
Does ACCESS have an @@identity value? I think this is a MSSQL server variable
and not available in ACCESS (unless this is a new feature).

 When I work with ACCESS, the simplest approach I have found is to add a UUID
column to your table, insert the record with a UUID assigned and recall the
same record using the UUID. This will give you the value of the identity field
that ACCESS assigned. The other option to to migrate to MSSQL or MySQL. Most
ColdFusion hosting providers support one or both and these databases are much
faster and more reliable than ACCESS (and they have the @@identity function,
although it is called something else in MySQL).

 Good luck.